We are an Australian based company with specific expertise in MySQL and MariaDB. Our services include consulting, scalable architecture, proactive remote DBA, system administration, vendor neutral managed services with optional emergency support, mentoring, training, and security and code reviews.
Sales Account Manager (Technical)
What we're looking for here is a geek with human interaction and sales skills, not a traditional sales executive.
We actively encourage geek women to apply! Given the work-from-home and part-time nature of this job, it may be suited to a stay-at-home parent, but not exclusively so.
- understanding of the technical space in which Open Query operates;
- ability to communicate clearly with technical as well as business people;
- proven ability to effectively manage client relationships;
- proven business development skills;
- exemplary high standards of customer service, honesty, integrity and initiative;
- live in Australia or New Zealand, with permission to work and no visa restrictions;
- self-motivated, ability to work independently (from anywhere - good Internet access required);
- excellent written/verbal English.
- (some travel may be required)
Range of tasks
- maintain and develop relationships with our clients;
- ensure that existing clients are and remain happy;
- identify current and future needs of current and potential clients;
- initiate first contact with leads, and stay in touch using appropriate means and schedule;
- answer the clients’ questions and ensure their problems are resolved, conduct follow-up tasks;
- ensure that clients know how to use our services and provide assistance if necessary;
- take and initiate phonecalls, coordinate conference calls;
- liaise with management and engineers internally.
Your initial remuneration will be salary based, transitioning to part performance based - but not in silly simplistic terms like "more sales is good". When we talk about good performance at Open Query, we mean that our clients are satisfied and keep renewing their service subscriptions. We want to grow further, but we don't care for a hit&run approach, or running on the premise that a bigger client is by definition a better one. Clients need to fit with our scope of services, and the way we work needs to mesh with the way the clients' business operates.
Sounds good! What next?
Please see the information and instructions on our main jobs page.