Call us today (AU) 07 3103 0809 (NZ +61-7-3103 0809)
We are an Australian based company with specific expertise in MySQL and MariaDB. Our services include consulting, scalable architecture, proactive remote DBA, system administration, vendor neutral managed services with optional emergency support, mentoring, training, and security and code reviews.
Currently Scheduled Public Training Courses
No courses are currently scheduled for this location.
Recent Conference Talks
Bigger, Faster, Safer, Easier databases with MariaDB 10 by Open Query engineer/trainer Peter Lock at the Open Source Developers' Conference 2014 (Griffith University, Gold Coast QLD). For other talks, see our Presentations page.
An Initial Review is a good way to get to know the people at Open Query and the way we work. It's a packaged 4 hour consulting arrangement at a special introductory price of AUD 675 + GST (for 4 hours), where we do the following:
- Discuss with you whether there are any particular current concerns you'd like us to investigate.
- Arrange remote access to your database server, optionally slaves, and possibly web servers or other related systems.
- Take a look around on the servers, both on the OS level as well as the specific services such as MySQL, Apache/lighttpd/nginx.
- We report back to you on our findings, and prioritise work. There might be improvements/changes that should be implemented immediately (within the initial review timeframe), and some that can be addressed later (additional ad-hoc work, or over time within a subscription arrangement).
- We do the urgent work, as agreed in the prior step and within the agreed timeframe/cost.
- We review the gains with you, and discuss future steps and arrangements.