We are an Australian based company with specific expertise in MySQL and MariaDB. Our services include consulting, scalable architecture, proactive remote DBA, system administration, vendor neutral managed services with optional emergency support, mentoring, training, and security and code reviews.
High Performance MySQL (2nd edition)
High Performance MySQL, Second Edition is the definitive guide for building fast, reliable systems with MySQL. Its authors (including Open Query's own Arjen Lentz) are noted experts in the field, with years of real-world experience building very large systems. They focus not only on performance, but on robustness, security, and data integrity. There is no other book like this one. Mark Callaghan (HA MySQL site) declared it "the best MySQL book ever".
Authored by Baron Schwartz, Peter Zaitsev, Vadim Tkachenko, and Arjen Lentz, High Performance MySQL teaches in-depth advanced techniques, in clear and lucid writing, to help you tap into MySQL’s full power. You will learn how to design schemas, indexes, queries, and advanced MySQL features for maximum performance. You’ll get detailed guidance on tuning your MySQL server, operating system, and hardware to their fullest potential. And you’ll learn practical, safe, high-performance ways to scale your applications with replication, load balancing, high availability, and failover. The book also includes chapters on benchmarking, profiling, backups, security, and tools and techniques to help you measure, monitor, and manage your MySQL installations.
The second edition is completely revised and greatly expanded, with over 660 pages. Almost all of the material is new. There are many new topics and deeper coverage in all areas. Major additions include:
- Emphasis throughout on both performance and reliability
- Thorough coverage of storage engines, including in-depth tuning and optimizations for the InnoDB storage engine
- Impacts of new features in MySQL 5.0 and 5.1, including stored procedures, partitioned databases, triggers, and views
- A detailed discussion on how to build very large, highly scalable systems with MySQL
- New options for backups and replication
- Optimization of advanced querying features, such as full-text searches
- Four new appendices
Order your copy today, and discover what you’ve been missing.
There is also an official website for this edition of the book.