We are an Australian based company with specific expertise in MySQL and MariaDB. Our services include consulting, scalable architecture, proactive remote DBA, system administration, vendor neutral managed services with optional emergency support, mentoring, training, and security and code reviews.
Open Query Pty Ltd provides its customers with high level of MariaDB / MySQL and related system administration support. Most work is done remotely and working from home is a preferred method.
- Ad-hoc, planned and preventative maintenance on customers' MariaDB / MySQL databases;
- Advising and assisting customers on setups of MariaDB / MySQL databases and schemas;
- Writing scripts and configuring webservers and related software;
Optional other activities
- Development of training materials, tutorials, how-tos, short articles;
- Assisting Open Source projects and public forums with expertise;
- Speaking and helping out at user groups and conferences;
- Teaching highly interactive Open Query course days for MySQL/MariaDB and related technologies.
- Be part of a professional and supportive team;
- Great flexibility in working hours/locations, we care that the work done, not from where.
- Advanced practical skills in:
- MariaDB/MySQL schema/query design;
- MariaDB/MySQL Server tuning;
- MariaDB/MySQL Replication (MMM, Corosync/Pacemaker, Galera);
- Shell and Perl scripting experience;
- Strong skills in system and network administration (mainly RHEL/Debian based Linux);
- Expertise in common development and deployment infrastructure (Linode, AWS);
- Configuration and management of:
- Apache, nginx;
- PHP, Java, Ruby and other scripting language environments;
- Good communication skills with excellent written and verbal English;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently;
- Team player.
Highly regarded extras
- Comfortable public speaker;
- Ability to teach/lecture about database administration.
When you work away from the office we require you to
- Preferably live in Australia or New Zealand with permission to work;
- People based in the Sydney, Melbourne or Perth areas are particularly encouraged to apply;
- Have the freedom to travel without restriction;
- Have a reliable internet connection.
Sounds good! What next?
Please see the information and instructions on our main jobs page.