Open Query Pty Ltd provides its customers with high level of MariaDB / MySQL and related system administration support.
Most work is done remotely and working from home is a preferred method.
- Ad-hoc, planned and preventative maintenance on customers’ MariaDB / MySQL databases;
- Advising and assisting customers on setups of MariaDB / MySQL databases and schemas;
- Writing scripts and configuring webservers and related software;
Optional other activities
- Development of training materials, tutorials, how-tos, short articles;
- Assisting Open Source projects and public forums with expertise;
- Speaking and helping out at user groups and conferences;
- Teaching highly interactive Open Query course days for MySQL/MariaDB and related technologies.
- Be part of a professional and supportive team;
- Great flexibility in working hours/locations, we care that the work done, not from where.
- Advanced practical skills in:
- MariaDB/MySQL schema/query design;
- MariaDB/MySQL Server tuning;
- MariaDB/MySQL Replication (MMM, Corosync/Pacemaker, Galera);
- Shell and Perl scripting experience;
- Strong skills in system and network administration (mainly RHEL/Debian based Linux);
- Expertise in common development and deployment infrastructure (Linode, AWS);
- Configuration and management of:
- Apache, nginx;
- PHP, Java, Ruby and other scripting language environments;
- Good communication skills with excellent written and verbal English;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently;
- Team player.
Highly regarded extras
- Comfortable public speaker;
- Ability to teach/lecture about database administration.
When you work away from the office we require you to
- Preferably live in Australia or New Zealand with permission to work;
- People based in the Sydney, Melbourne or Perth areas are particularly encouraged to apply;
- Have the freedom to travel without restriction;
- Have a reliable internet connection.
Sounds good! What next?
Please see the information and instructions on our main jobs page.