We are an Australian based company with specific expertise in MySQL and MariaDB. Our services include consulting, scalable architecture, proactive remote DBA, system administration, vendor neutral managed services with optional emergency support, mentoring, training, and security and code reviews.
Internal Systems Engineer
Given the work-from-home and part-time nature of this job, it may be suited to a stay-at-home parent, but not exclusively so.
- intermediate/advanced skills & experience in system and network administration;
- expertise in Debian and Ubuntu based distributed infrastructure;
- shell scripting;
- live in Australia or New Zealand, with permission to work;
- self-motivated, ability to work independently (from anywhere - good Internet access required);
- excellent written/verbal English.
Range of tasks
- maintain internal infrastructure/systems so that our engineers can do their magic for clients;
- keep internal documentation up-to-date.
- Ubuntu/Debian Linux, Xen
- ssh, bzr, git
- Apache, lighttpd, nginx
- PHP, Ruby/Rails
- Zimbra, Postfix
- Drupal 6
We also use (and, where appropriate, integrate with) external services and companies such as New Relic, Launchpad, GitHub, Linode, Host Networks, IRC/Gtalk/Skype.
Sounds good! What next?
Please see the information and instructions on our main jobs page.