Given the work-from-home and part-time nature of this job, it may be suited to a stay-at-home parent, but not exclusively so.
- intermediate/advanced skills & experience in system and network administration;
- expertise in Debian and Ubuntu based distributed infrastructure;
- shell scripting;
- live in Australia or New Zealand, with permission to work;
- self-motivated, ability to work independently (from anywhere – good Internet access required);
- excellent written/verbal English.
Range of tasks
- maintain internal infrastructure/systems so that our engineers can do their magic for clients;
- keep internal documentation up-to-date.
- Ubuntu/Debian Linux, Xen
- ssh, bzr, git
- Apache, lighttpd, nginx
- PHP, Ruby/Rails
- Zimbra, Postfix
- Drupal 6
We also use (and, where appropriate, integrate with) external services and companies such as New Relic, Launchpad, GitHub, Linode, Host Networks, IRC/Gtalk/Skype.
Sounds good! What next?
Please see the information and instructions on our main jobs page.