Pricing & Terms
Our basic pricing for support/consulting is simple, per hour. While you can request our assistance on an ad-hoc basis, we value building an ongoing relationship. If you commit to a number of hours per month, we can resource appropriately and assist more effectively since we'll be in-the-know about your infrastructure already; and you will note that it's also cheaper. This is completely unlike a retainer system: with our services we fully aim to use the hours, so there's no wastage for you. We also offer a number of specific packages for a fixed price.
While Open Query cannot guarantee Service results, Open Query agrees to use in good faith commercially reasonable efforts to provide Service in accordance with the Service standards set forth here and in our Contracts.
Rates, Prompt Payment, Discounts and Bonus Training
- The default payment term is 14 days, although other terms can be arranged for in our contract. You will pay invoices promptly, or we may choose to not do further business with you. Yes, we do that, happy business relationships are important to us.
- For ad-hoc work we will invoice you after the initial job, or after a sensible first period (usually one month) in case of a longer project.
- Subscriptions are payable in advance, this so we can make sure we have the resources available to assist you. In return for this commitment, you pay a lower hourly rate.
- With subscriptions, we use a delayed discount and bonus training scheme. That is, you are only eligible for these if you pay on time. The discount will be applied to the invoice for the next subscription period, and the training day(s) are available immediately
- Subscription is available in blocks of 4 hours for smaller clients and block of 8 hours for larger clients, the following table provides an overview of how that works out for you in financial terms (prices are in AUD excluding GST)
Ad-Hoc Consulting Rates and Terms
- Our rate for ad-hoc remote consulting is AUD 200 + Australian GST per hour.
- We charge actual hours spent on you, rather than using complicated maths with corresponding higher rates. So, if you would like us to write up an extensive report on a particular project, that's simply charged at the (remote) hourly rate. You know exactly where you're at, no funny business.
- Scheduled on-site support is charged at AUD 225 + Australian GST per hour, plus travel expenses (car km or flight costs, accommodation).
- Unscheduled rates are 300 per hour for business hours, 450 per hour all other hours. Availability not guaranteed (we greatly value our life outside work, and we prefer to focus on preventing fires rather than fighting them). We only handle one emergency case per client, ever - this is not negotiable. You may come in as an urgent case, but we really don't want you to stay that way.
- We will invoice you after the initial job, or after a sensible first period (usually one month) for a longer arrangement. You will pay promptly, or we may choose to not do further business with you. Yes, we do that, happy business relationships are important to us.
To discuss your needs or to simply sign up, please contact us and we will help you make MySQL/MariaDB perform!