Over the years, Arjen and gang have done many talks at conferences, events and user group meetings around the world. Here's our attempt at a unified archive (in progress). Also, talks from the Brisbane MySQL Users Group will be accessible through here.
Please note that - this being an archive and all - some of the content is older and therefore outdated. Also, Arjen worked at MySQL AB at the time, so if you wish to contact him now, please use the Open Query contact form rather than any details from a presentation or paper. The files are the originals (unmodified) and generally also available elsewhere on the net - but aggregated here for your convenience!
- Why and When - Adoption of MySQL (Sun APAC eHorizons 2008, Sydney)
- Designing for Success - Just in Case (AUUG 2007, Melbourne)
- Introduction to the MySQL Falcon OLTP Storage Engine (Intl PHP Conference 2006, Frankfurt)
- Introduction to MySQL Cluster - Architecture and Use (Intl PHP Conference 2006, Frankfurt)
- Pragmatic Teaching of Relational Database Concepts (ACEC 2006, Cairns) + paper
- Concurrency Control in RDBMS (OSCON 2006, Portland)
- Bridging the Divide (Tasmania OSS Forum April 2006 -keynote, Hobart)
If you know of a talk but can't find the materials here, just drop us a line and we'll see if we can find it for you. MySQL feature/roadmap talks are mostly left out (obsolete/superceded info, generally). The slides for Arjen's "Deadly Sins Using MySQL and PHP" quiz session are not made available, except directly to people who attend a presentation of it. This because it's an "anti talk" where the slides purposely show incorrect stuff. We don't want this to wander onto the net outside its context. You understand.